"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 1,171 Senior Member
    Sorry old man.. 🤣
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,749 Senior Member
    See how bog the boy has gotten?
    See how mature he is?
    See what a good shot he is?
    Yup, and your old enough to be his Dad.  Well done,I know how difficult them little birdies can be to hit
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,119 Senior Member
    If it only takes two birds to outshoot you, I'll go bird hunting with you any time..  :p
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,022 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    If it only takes two birds to outshoot you, I'll go bird hunting with you any time..  :p
    During Special Whitewing Season, you can only take 2 Morning Dove. He took his two in fewer shots than I did. I started off using his 20ga and couldn’t hit squat!  I think I took 6 shots. Switched to my 12ga O/U and went 2 for 2. But, he got his two birds in 3 shots total!  Proud of him!!
    Very good shooting! Awesome!  B)

I've never heard of that kind of season before. I recall when I was a kid hunting there the limit was 15 and only a few of them could be white wings. I think it was 5 at the time. I didn't know they started a season like that.  Here, it's 15 total. Doesn't matter what they are. In the valley, white wings are most common. In the desert, there's usually no white wings, only mourning dove. Either way, you can limit on either. There is no limit on Eurasian doves.
    Just looked that up out of curiosity. Interesting. I guess being only in that zone, I'd never heard of it.
    Was out of town most of this week and the general season opened while I was gone. Got home yesterday and went out after ranch chores. Used my 12ga O/U and did fairly well. Got my limit of morning dove plus one pigeon. I’ve never shot a pigeon before. Gonna try eating it as well. 
    Started off on my friends ranch I take care of. Then, went next door to another friends place where they fly heavy right at sunset. His daughter had fun fetching birds with his bird dog. Then, we caught a nice size Blue Indago. They are good snakes and we let it go back near the house. 
    I’m trying a new method of holding my shotgun. Pointing my index finger down the barrel like I’m pointing at the bird. Seems to be working well. 

• RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,542 Senior Member
    That is a looong snake
    Took some kids hunting this evening. The girl shot her first dove and the boy did well at Anti-Aircraft. 
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,923 Senior Member
    This is so good!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,749 Senior Member
    Most Excellent 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,539 Senior Member
    Good for them! They both earned some nice buckles there too.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11