Home Main Category General Firearms

GT25 Guntalk 10MM

2»

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,982 Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with a woods gun, but your biggest threat by far is of the two-legged variety. IMO bear spray is a way better tool for bear, because if one DOES charge you, do you want to try and hit a MOVING, fist sized target with a handgun (while actually fearing for your life at that) when you could blast it with a spicy cloud?
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,384 Senior Member
    edited September 2021 #33
    I didn't mean to offend. I just hunted an area where the tree huggers "knew" they owned the National Forest and fed the animals regularly. The point I was coming to is load it hot and always carry, you never know.

shotgunshoter3 makes a point, there will be a lot less trouble afterwards if it occurs in the confines of the community.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,225 Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with a woods gun, but your biggest threat by far is of the two-legged variety. IMO bear spray is a way better tool for bear, because if one DOES charge you, do you want to try and hit a MOVING, fist sized target with a handgun (while actually fearing for your life at that) when you could blast it with a spicy cloud?
    There will be a can of bear spray by the door for my wife when she steps out to walk the dog.   I prefer the weight of a firearm on my belt for defense against all critters.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,288 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    135 EFMJs are my carry load in my 10mm

I bought 1K of them when Fed clearance them when they changed the bullet in their factory ammo.

IIRC, they were $0.10/ea and I bought them for "plinking". After testing them in either water or wet newsprint, I decided to use them for my SD loads.

Next time I take my cleargel to the range, I plan on testing one into it. 
    Oh, you suck big time, $100 for 1K of 10 MM ammo! 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,225 Senior Member
    Just in honor of this thread I’m carrying my Razorback to my class tonight 😁
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,288 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    knitepoet said:
    135 EFMJs are my carry load in my 10mm

I bought 1K of them when Fed clearance them when they changed the bullet in their factory ammo.

IIRC, they were $0.10/ea and I bought them for "plinking". After testing them in either water or wet newsprint, I decided to use them for my SD loads.

Next time I take my cleargel to the range, I plan on testing one into it. 
    Oh, you suck big time, $100 for 1K of 10 MM ammo! 
    Not ammo, just the 135gr EFMJ "Guard Dog" projectiles.
    I load them to 1300fps with a healthy dose of blue dot.

They're one of the few 40cal bullets that expand nicely @ 10mm velocities.
    Most "over expand", come apart or penetrate WAYYYYY too deep
    Only slightly diminished you suck big time........
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,037 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:

Wow. It took me a bit to understand what I was looking at - it looks like something purpose made just like that. Impressive!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(