Home Main Category Clubhouse

I need to call the Calvary

FreezerFreezer Senior MemberPosts: 2,143 Senior Member
Miss Mary has been a member of Modernsportsman since it began about 20 years ago. I've ben there almost as long. We're a small site not with about a half dozen active members. A little over a week ago Mary poste she wasn't feeling well and hasn't posted since. I have her and Jerry's (Teach) phone numbers but neither is being answered. Could someone find out if she's ok? She's got us worried.
I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,673 Senior Member
    edited September 23 #2
    Oh crap - this doesn't sound good...
    Have you tried email?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,424 Senior Member
    This was posted on her FB page on Sept 20th......."Mary's computer has been hacked by a professional.
    her computer is in the shop. Anything you receive from her is not from her.
    DO NOT OPEN!!!!"
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,143 Senior Member
    I heard from Mary, her phone is dead and she used her brother's. It's true her computer was hacked and it's in he shop, that's why she hasn't been on MS. The house flooded for the second time this month and that's on top of power outages and phone problems. Mary has been battling  pneumonia, she had her shots but no Jerry and Jerry was diagnosed with Covid today. He'll get antibody treatments Friday. 

These god folks need our prayers! 
    edited September 23 #5
    Well, in a backwards sort of way, that sounds encouraging - but floods suck, pneumonia sucks, and covid sucks. I have an email out to Debbie, but I don't know how often she does email. I know where the house is is a flood prone area.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,392 Senior Member
    edited September 23 #6
    Good to know it's not more serious.  "Cavalry" I assume is what you mean. Calvary is where Christ was crucified.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Ooops! I was tired and not paying attention to spell check!
  • drsfefa1drsfefa1 Posts: 28 New Member
    Prayers for them both!
    Freezer said:
    Ooops! I was tired and not paying attention to spell check!

Spell check wouldn't help you as both are correctly spelled, just with different meanings.  Calvary/cavalry is a question on just about every vocabulary test ever so you're in good shape there.A common mistake.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,205 Senior Member
    Mary posted this on Facebook last night....

"Jerry did not get have the infusion, his O2 sat was too low, they took him to the ER and they did some test including a CT scan which shows he has blood clots on his lungs from the COVID. He is in ICU getting blood thinners to try to dissolve them and is on oxygen. I am not allowed to be there with him so I am home and our phone is out so I have to use my brother phone to have any phone service. The phone co will not come into the house because of the COVID so we are in a mess. We have no cell signal here so it is what it is and I ask for prayers in his behalf, he is one sick puppy. Thank you for your help in this one."

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,687 Senior Member
    Wow.  Prayers out. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Oh Goddess Mother. What a mess. Prayers out for sure!

)O(
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,602 Senior Member
    Prayers for all your family.
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,536 Senior Member
    Prayers out!!!

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,342 Senior Member
    Prayers Jerry that you are able to overcome this.
    Prayers out  I had no idea Teach was sick. Disturbing sickness.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,271 Senior Member
    Prayers on their way from down here.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,848 Senior Member
    My best wishes for Jerry and his family. Hope he's back home with a full recovery and his phones and pc get fixed ASAP.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,787 Senior Member
    prayers from us for Jerry's full recovery and one for you too Miss Mary.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,009 Senior Member
    Mary and Jerry praying for the best from Jen and me.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,674 Senior Member
    Miss Mary...Me and Mine are keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • joeg52joeg52 Member Posts: 108 Member
    edited September 26 #22
    Praying for Jerry and his family.

Good news! New Facebook post from Mary...

"Just spoke to the hospital, Jerry is sitting up on the side of the bed playing games on his laptop and his O2 sat is staying up. His B/P was up some this morning but it is being treated. He ate all his breakfast And so far is having a good morning. they said he had a good night also so fingers crossed on the clots dissolving and no issues from that. Got our phones working again and also got my computer back this morning so hopefully it will be easier to access things once I get all the favorites reinstalled. That has been a real problem trying to keep everyone updated. Please continue the prayers, he is not out of the woods by a long shot but we will take all the good news we can get. thanks to all for your support during this mess."

-Thomas Paine
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,395 Senior Member
    thanks for the update
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

edited September 26 #25
    Yay! Thanx for the update indeed, Jerm!
    I think our prayer brigade is getting results - let's keep it up!

)O(
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,848 Senior Member
    Don't take him any tools. He'll start fixing broken hospital equipment.
     o:) 
    GO TEAM!
    Mary just posted...

"Yesterday late afternoon they transferred Jerry to a regular room, still COVID restricted from visiting, but they wanted to see how he did without such close monitoring. He has done fairly well with it but if he starts coughing, talking or sleeps his O2 levels drop to 88 or less so he will qualify for home O2 when he does get discharged to home. His temp is staying 100+ though even after he has been medicated so till that does better he will not be coming home. We'll see what tomorrow holds but for now he is just resting, on his computer and generally feeling really rough. Voice is still gone, so phone calling is out. Sorry to post so late but waited to see what the case manager had to say. Prayers appreciated, don't stop, he is still one sick puppy."

-Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,755 Senior Member
    Improvement is Improvement,  Great news
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thank you for the update. I pasted this to their friends on MS.

Prayers continue.
    Mary just posted...

"Late update on Jerry, he has had to be moved back into ICU, his atrial fib has kicked up and he is there for closer monitoring as they give him IV meds to get the rate back down. He was with it and actually called to tell me that his A fib had started. Have not heard back from the nurses in the unit other than they were waiting pharmacy to send up the meds. Prayers please folks he is having a rough patch right now. thank you for all those that are supporting us through this awful stuff."

-Thomas Paine