Home Main Category Clubhouse

Semi-annual Check-in

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,577 Senior Member
Been quite a few months since I stopped in.  I hope everyone is doing well?

I keep very busy these days, as I'm sure many of you do as well.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,190 Senior Member
    Hi Jason
    What's been keeping you busy?
    Glad that your well
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,518 Senior Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,289 Senior Member
    Good to see a familiar "face", any new Gus's?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,233 Senior Member
    Hi!  Good to have you visit!  How are you doing?
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,040 Senior Member
    I was wondering if you'd dropped off of the Indian river bridge!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Welcome back aboard
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Actually I haven't been that busy.
    :-)
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,561 Senior Member
    Don’t be a stranger. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    I've taken on a lot more responsibility at work and I'm involved in many more facets of the organization.  Notably: bigger investigations, some administrative committees, firearms instructor, sergeant promotion process (on the list waiting for a spot), and if that wasn't enough, I'm now a union membership representative. 

I'm also still running a small gun biz, but we're starting to make a turn towards design and components for PRS/NRL.  Been trying to get back up to speed with Fusion 360....ain't like riding a bicycle.

New guns...ehh.  Not per se.  I am building a 6mm GT rifle for field style precision matches.  Going to be a M24 barrel taper, 6 GT, 22", 1:7.  I'm actually about a week away from ordering a Bartlein blank and getting it shipped out for clambering and fitting.  It'll be in a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, TriggerTech Special 2.5 pound trigger.

I'll try and not be so scarce.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,233 Senior Member
    JasonMPD said:
    I've taken on a lot more responsibility at work and I'm involved in many more facets of the organization.  Notably: bigger investigations, some administrative committees, firearms instructor, sergeant promotion process (on the list waiting for a spot), and if that wasn't enough, I'm now a union membership representative. 

I'm also still running a small gun biz, but we're starting to make a turn towards design and components for PRS/NRL.  Been trying to get back up to speed with Fusion 360....ain't like riding a bicycle.

New guns...ehh.  Not per se.  I am building a 6mm GT rifle for field style precision matches.  Going to be a M24 barrel taper, 6 GT, 22", 1:7.  I'm actually about a week away from ordering a Bartlein blank and getting it shipped out for clambering and fitting.  It'll be in a KRG Whiskey 3 chassis, TriggerTech Special 2.5 pound trigger.

You have been busy!  Good to catch up and that sounds like a REALLY interesting rifle!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,081 Senior Member
    Good to have you back.  Stick around a while!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Good to hear from you! I got tired reading your description. Keep up the good work.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    JasonMPD said:

You have been busy!  Good to catch up and that sounds like a REALLY interesting rifle!Thanks!

Thanks!  It's basically a hybridized competition precision rifle.  It will compete in PRS/NRL with a little velocity handicap compared to the 24" and 26" guns, but be mobile enough for field-style competitions and training.  Sniper's Unknown, Mammoth Sniper Challenge, to name a couple.  And of course any unofficial outlaw matches I can get to.

I've really begun whittling down by excess and getting the few rifles I will really use squared away.  Essentially one "fighting" carbine, a precision carbine in 5.56 and one in 6mmARC, and the bolt gun--the 6 GT.