Home Main Category Hunting

Trout Hunting Season

ojrojr Senior MemberPosts: 1,297 Senior Member
Began again here. and runs thought to September
Spent some time, like 5 hrs the day before slashing the track in to be wide enough, blackberry is not paint friendly
Had a good day though.

The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
 Reuters, Dec 2020.

Replies

• ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,297 Senior Member

And,
     I have some sage advice to anyone contemplating a 3 or 4 or etc point turn when running out of track..
    Do not back into the river without checking the drop off first
    Your in cab camera does not tell you the depth of the side stream nor does it compute the ground clearance
    4 wheel drive is utterly useless when the 2 back wheels are hanging in the water, the exhaust pipe is burbling as it is also under water and your in panic mode as there is nobody for miles.

The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,193 Senior Member
    Nice looking trout, catch them on fly or?
    and how did you get the truck out?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Spin fishing in that water Diver
    I didn't have a choice, Against all what I thought was reason I had to back further in to the river then
    drive forward sidewise to get some grip and get out
    probably took 30K  or more off my tyres.
    Said a small prayer when I had all 4 wheels back on the bank.

Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,240 Senior Member
    Nice trout!  Sounds like you could use a winch!
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    Nah, age is as age is
    When I was younger I had a 80 series Landcruiser and I would have just fastened [or opened] my seat belt and just........
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,568 Senior Member
    That’s pretty cool. Beautiful fish!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,291 Senior Member
    Fish taste better when you have to "earn" them, ask for an electric winch or a comealong winch for Christmas and a high lift jack.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Honestly,
    My waders filled up, I got rid of them, I'm in my undies using the spade  the effng  pup seems to think it is some sort of game and its like 2 degrees,
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    ojr said:
    Honestly,
    My waders filled up, I got rid of them, I'm in my undies using the spade  the effng  pup seems to think it is some sort of game and its like 2 degrees,

:D:D:D:smile: Lovely fish, even better story. Glad you didnt post pics of the vehicle recovery though......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Nice fish.

In the past I thought orchidman was a scary driver----now you may have the title!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,291 Senior Member
    ojr said:
    Honestly,
    Forget the winch, you need a wench, with her own bigger truck, likes dogs, and appreciates a man in his underwear standing in cold water :D
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 3,240 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    ojr said:
    Honestly,
    Forget the winch, you need a wench, with her own bigger truck, likes dogs, and appreciates a man in his underwear standing in cold water :D
    I hear the chick from Life Below Zero is available…

I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Very nice!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    edited October 2021 #15
    Hope your talking about my Fish bellcat and not post 13  :)
     Reuters, Dec 2020.