Home Main Category Clubhouse

Won’t be hiking unarmed in the new neighborhood.

2»

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,391 Senior Member
    Just a few days ago my MIL had a Fox tracking her while she was walking he adorable 8lb pooch.  
    Tom Rush discussed walking extra small dogs in one of his recorded shows.  His description ended up as the album title:  "Trolling for Owls". :D

Whether its bears, big cats, microscopic germs, or the vacuum and radiation of space, the universe wants you to die.  Remarkable how so many fail to comprehend this.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 603 Senior Member
    edited October 2021 #33

Here I was figuring it was just mostly my wife.

Man, now I have the whole Universe wanting me dead?

I should have never stopped drinking.   :s
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,746 Senior Member
    Some_Mook said:

The universe is out to get you... I blame Entropy.

Have a nice day. 🤣

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• Some_MookSome_Mook Posts: 603 Senior Member
    edited October 2021 #35
    Spk said:
    Some_Mook said:

The universe is out to get you... I blame Entropy.

Have a nice day. 🤣

No doubt you are correct.  I tried explaining to the wife once, (thinking she would better understand her world and why things are as they are) a fairly simple explanation of the basic principles of Thermal Dynamics, but she launched into an angry tirade about how men over complicate things and try to explain everything.

The other day, when she told me that I was never wrong, or ever sorry about anything, I stopped myself from describing just how very untrue that statement was, with specific dates for examples.

If I had told her, I think Entropy would have come in the form of a brick.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
    "I know my place in the world and it ain’t standing next to Jerry Miculek" - Zee
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 288 Member
    Mook I empathize! Some years ago I calmly explained to my lovely and charming extreme type A wife that as a trained engineer it would be an absolute act of futility to even attempt to argue with my infallible precise logic. 
    She didn’t listen but so far hasn’t gone kinetic. She just declares victory and that’s the end of discussion.