Home Main Category Clubhouse

Dedicated meme thread...............

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,837 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Kinda looks like @Zee
    That was my thought too... ;)
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,394 Senior Member
    edited November 2021 #3154
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,224 Senior Member
    Loving It!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,347 Senior Member
    I found Zee the Zeebra! :)

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    Yep, the 2X yearly time change baloney. The fact that we're STILL dealing with this crap should be enough evidence to impeach every politician in office!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JustsomedudeJustsomedude Posts: 1,257 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Yep, the 2X yearly time change baloney. The fact that we're STILL dealing with this crap should be enough evidence to impeach every politician in office!
    I personally prefer when it gets dark out later. Those short days are depressing to me.
    We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 
    zorba said:
    I personally prefer when it gets dark out later. Those short days are depressing to me.
    I'd prefer ANYTHING but what we're doing. In order of preference:

1) Stay on so-called DST year round
    2) Stay on standard time year round
    3) Reverse it. DST in winter, standard in summer. The days are too damn short in winter and too damn long in summer so to speak...

Or Hell - just go to Zulu time everywhere.

)O(
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,773 Senior Member

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

)O(
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    zorba said:

3) Reverse it. DST in winter, standard in summer. The days are too damn short in winter and too damn long in summer so to speak...

Hawaii and Arizona don't observe DST. They stay on standard time year round. Every state has the ability to do that, through state legislation. But the states can not choose to stay on DST. That is a federal regulation. It would require the federal government to change federal legislation to allow that. 

Seems like every time the time change comes up, there's a lot of talk about changing it. But as usual, nothing happens. 
    Jay said:
    zorba said:
    zorba said:

Hawaii and Arizona don't observe DST. They stay on standard time year round. Every state has the ability to do that, through state legislation. But the states can not choose to stay on DST. That is a federal regulation. It would require the federal government to change federal legislation to allow that. 

Seems like every time the time change comes up, there's a lot of talk about changing it. But as usual, nothing happens. 
    Yep - Florida wants to do year round DST and can't. Ok - fine - so let's AT LEAST do year round standard!

Nothing happens because there's a bunch of politicians who literally say things like "Why change what works?". Idiots.

)O(
    Personally, I’d rather not have clocks… I’ve never worn a watch and hardly carry my phone with me unless I have to. Good chance if someone asks me the time, I won’t know. In 4 years when I retire, possibly my response will be “beer 30!!!” Or “who cares.” One of the two..  :D
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,224 Senior Member
    Good One!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,949 Senior Member
    On a roll there!!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 1,238 Senior Member
    Yip Same think happened to me a while back at the local indoor pool.

On the way there
    Ashia you are five years old if they ask at the pool
    I'm not five I'm four
    I know but just for today can you be five
    No, I'm not five I'm four
    Ok well you say nothing and I'll talk when we go in

Me to pool attendant
    Just me and the Granddaughter please
    Pool attendant
    How old is she
    Voice from below the counter
    I'm Four
    Me, to now  stern looking attendant
    Ok we'll come back in a few months

To be fair there were signs, and I knew this but heck... she was nearly Five.

The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.

)O(

We've been conditioned to believe that obedience is virtuous and voting is freedom- 

This is too good not to share.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,064 Senior Member
    This is too good not to share
    And so, the baseball departed the stadium over the left-field wall, never to be seen again. :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 2,264 Senior Member
    Zee said:

🤣🤣👆🏻🤣🤣
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,593 Senior Member
    Zee said:

I just sent this to my niece who’s a vet. I asked her if this is what 1st yr vet school is like