Home Main Category General Firearms

Yesterday was a 3-Gun Day!!! Shotgun/Rifle/Handgun

2»

Replies

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,232 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Yes. Turkish. 
    Cool. They do seem to put out some pretty damn good shotguns. And can’t beat the prices. 👍 I’ve got two of them. And thanks to your post, might end up with another… 😬 I don’t have a mag fed one.. 
    edited November 2021 #33
    I just ordered 2 of those plus 2 9 round mags… my buddy wanted one too.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤣 Mine will probably be set up with some kind of red dot and be primarily a slug gun, I’m thinking. 

Just FYI, I found out after the fact Palmetto is selling those 9 round mags in a 5 pack for $100. $20 each instead of $33 each that buds is selling them for. 
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,064 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Yes. Turkish. 
    You know the confusion that Glock's model number system can create?  Their model 45 being a 9mm; their model 44 being a .22;  their model 22 being a .40; their model 40 being a 10mm?

How long do you figure it will be until we hear of someone arrested for excess round capacity on a gobbler hunt?  "But Officer, the magazine says "TURKEY" on it RIGHT HERE!" :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,949 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    I just ordered 2 of those plus 2 9 round mags… my buddy wanted one too.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤣 Mine will probably be set up with some kind of red dot and be primarily a slug gun, I’m thinking. 

Just FYI, I found out after the fact Palmetto is selling those 9 round mags in a 5 pack for $100. $20 each instead of $33 each that buds is selling them for. 

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Nice “toilet gun”, lol.
    It’s literally next to the toilet now. 😎
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,619 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Nice “toilet gun”, lol.
    It’s literally next to the toilet now. 😎

Just the firearm to stop the invading hordes that come storming through the bathroom door when you're trying to relax on the crapper.
    Well, it's better than throwing bulk rolls of toilet paper at them, you know, the endless supply of toilet paper you bought during the Great Toilet Paper scare of 2020! 🤣

Btw,... Dang, you had a good day. Congrats 🎈 I'm sure your son will appreciate and make good use of that AR.
    As for Goofy guns, well I've had my share including a bolt action, box fed 12 gauge from Mossberg. It was my Big Game gun 😂 but what did I know, I was young at the time. But I sure had fun with that gun and I'm sure you'll have fun with that shotgun also... And huge score with the ammo. It goes without saying, You have good friends.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

The shotgun won’t fight a war. But, it might be a good backyard bump in the night Gun or something such. 
    The derringer is simply because I have about 500 148gr WC factory loads. It’s something to use them in.  And…….toilet gun!  Why not?!?  😁

Yes, I’m pretty stoked about the boy having his own simple AR. Been too busy yet to get him to the range. But, maybe tomorrow. 
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,862 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited November 2021 #40
    I was just about to post that. Plus, they come with the 5 round mag and two 9 round mags and free shipping.  
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,224 Senior Member
    WOW-That's cheap
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,593 Senior Member
    Zee,

Were any of the shotguns shells you used 3”?

I just read a review where the author said that while the gun has a 3” chamber, the mags will only accept 2 3/4. Just curious as to your experience 
    No. I just used 2-3/4” shells. 
    The Little Man shot his AR today. He did well for his first time. 

And did some multiple target training. 

Another first for him. 
    Did some precision shooting as well. Getting his Creedmoor sighted in with some new ammo I’m trying this season for him. 

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 2,264 Senior Member
    Good going!!!

I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    edited November 2021 #46
    RugerFan said:
    Zee,

I just read a review where the author said that while the gun has a 3” chamber, the mags will only accept 2 3/4. Just curious as to your experience 
    From what I recall seeing, it's only the bigger mags that can only take 2 3/4". The 5 round mag that comes with them and I believe the 9 round mags can take 3". I think it's just the mags longer than that that can only take 2 3/4". The idea being, the longer mags have much more of a curve to them, so longer shells probably can't make it around the curve and feed through the magazine. But I haven't got mine yet, so can't confirm or deny.
    Awesome job, Little Z..  B)  That's some fine shooting.
    LOVE IT!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Jay said:
    RugerFan said:
    Zee,

From what I recall seeing, it's only the bigger mags that can only take 2 3/4". The 5 round mag that comes with them and I believe the 9 round mags can take 3". I think it's just the mags longer than that that can only take 2 3/4". The idea being, the longer mags have much more of a curve to them, so longer shells probably can't make it around the curve and feed through the magazine. But I haven't got mine yet, so can't confirm or deny.
    Thanks. I believe the article I read was from 2019. I don’t remember if he used the longer mags. 
    Zee said:
    No. I just used 2-3/4” shells. 
    Thanks, Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,963 Senior Member
    Your Little Man isn't looking so little anymore. Turning into a fine Marksman also.  Well done 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited November 2021 #52
    Diver43 said:
    Your Little Man isn't looking so little anymore. Turning into a fine Marksman also.  Well done 
    He’s taller than me. 😒
    Ha!
    It is good that height isn't everything
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Zee said:
    The Little Man shot his AR today. He did well for his first time. 

And did some multiple target training. 

Another first for him. 
    Did some precision shooting as well. Getting his Creedmoor sighted in with some new ammo I’m trying this season for him. 

I just put a Lantac Dragon Brake on the boy’s Rifle that I got from another friend for doing some gun work and swapping out barrels and brakes on a couple of his ARs. 

Should help with some of the felt recoil and muzzle rise he is experiencing.