Home Main Category General Firearms

Sight advice

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 2,593 Senior Member
I’m looking at getting one of these Sig Sauer Romeos during  Academy’s Black Friday sale. The purpose will be for my Ruger PC 9. 

I know nothing about these.

How does it mount?

What will I need to mount it?  

Are these Sigs any good?

All advice appreciated.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,868 Senior Member
    I *think* that version is for mounting on a pistol, might be too low for a carbine, not sure how a mount would work in a picatinny rail.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,593 Senior Member
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 2,253 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I *think* that version is for mounting on a pistol, might be too low for a carbine, not sure how a mount would work in a picatinny rail.
    I agree though I have no experience with those.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
    My brain kicked in this morning. I went to Sig’s website: it’s for a pistol. I should have thought of that yesterday. 
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,231 Senior Member
    This is the one you'd need for a carbine if you're looking for something like that.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html

I've had one on my AR pistol for quite a while. Have had no problems with it in the few years I've been using it. I kinda like the fact if you put the gun down and it doesn't move, the sight turns off but turns right back on again as soon as it moves. 

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,921 Senior Member
    It's an extra micro RDS meant for small handguns. Not a good choice IMO for a carbine. Look at the Holosun 403/503, Sig Romeo 5, or similar in that price range IMO. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Jay said:
    This is the one you'd need for a carbine if you're looking for something like that.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/sig-sauer-romeo5-1x20mm-red-dot-sight-black-r52001.html

I've had one on my AR pistol for quite a while. Have had no problems with it in the few years I've been using it. I kinda like the fact if you put the gun down and it doesn't move, the sight turns off but turns right back on again as soon as it moves. 

I’ll into that. Thanks for the info. 
    It's an extra micro RDS meant for small handguns. Not a good choice IMO for a carbine. Look at the Holosun 403/503, Sig Romeo 5, or similar in that price range IMO. 
    I’ll look at those. Thanks. 

I don’t know anything about these types of sights. 
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,960 Senior Member
    RugerFan said:
    I’ll look at those. Thanks. 

I don’t know anything about these types of sights. 
    I think you will find one you will like as you search Holosun
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,056 Senior Member
    Run!  Do not walk away from that sight!

The Sig red dot optics have been getting a reputation for non-durability for starters.

Second, the Romeo Zero is a plastic-bodied sight with friction dials instead of clicks for windage and elevation.  It's a big enough pain in the ass zeroing one on a handgun.  For a rifle, I would give it the hardest of hard passes.

Also, most of the handgun red dots are going to have 1-MOA adjustment increments, which is OK for a pistol caliber carbine, but still maybe excessively coarse for any kind of rifle.

My PC9 got a Holosun HS515CM.  Like it a lot.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee