Home Main Category General Firearms

Anyone has any experience with Sig Sauer Elite Performance Ammo?

Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,121 Senior Member
Found a good deal on these.  Sig V-Crown Elite Performance 147gr HPs.  The picture showing the expanded slug shows a highly familiar shape no?  Might be worth experimenting.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Replies

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 379 Member
    everything I've seen showed expansion problems, under expansion
    "For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,121 Senior Member
    edited September 12 #3
    Really!  Hummm.  Those look like Gold Dot bullets, no?  Or am I confused?

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,200 Senior Member
    Been some time since I have shot any and it was mostly 10 mm; but, I thought accuracy and Performance was better than the other 10 mm I had.

I mostly shot water jugs with more explosive results than the other ammo.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,200 Senior Member
    the bullet is from Seirra; the gold Dot is from speer; they are different though simmilar

NN said:
    Been some time since I have shot any and it was mostly 10 mm; but, I thought accuracy and Performance was better than the other 10 mm I had.

I mostly shot water jugs with more explosive results than the other ammo.

NN said:
    the bullet is from Seirra; the gold Dot is from speer; they are different though simmilar

Good info thanks!!!

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,571 Senior Member
    I too have only shot 10MM, it was accurate compared to most out of a Glock 20
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I too have only shot 10MM, it was accurate compared to most out of a Glock 20
    The consensus seems to be above average accuracy from what I’ve researched.  Thanks for the input.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,995 Senior Member
    I currently have the 115gr in the mags of my Ruger Max-9. Only compact 9mm I've shot that was significantly better with 115 vs 147. But in the whole,  the Sig ammo has been consistently accurate in most guns I've tried it in,  various weights and caliber
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,598 Senior Member
    After extensive testing, I now load my .45acp magazines with them.  They had absolutely no failures in my Kimber CDP Custom, my XD Tactical, and my XD subcompact. I wish now that I'd kept a few of them to show some pictures here.  
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,454 Senior Member
    I currently have the 147 gr in my P365, and it shoots as accurate as I am able to.   However back before purchasing the gun, I remember reading that the 3.1 inch barrel was designed for 115gr
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    I currently have the 147 gr in my P365, and it shoots as accurate as I am able to.   However back before purchasing the gun, I remember reading that the 3.1 inch barrel was designed for 115gr
    I wonder if @Zee (or his shoe selling organization) has done any testing of his 147 ammo in a short barreled gun?

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 6,052 Senior Member
    Interesting to see many here using the ammo with good results. I initially wrote it off as a gimmick that Sig was attaching their name to. Maybe I'll try some out when I burn through my Federal HST. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,935 Senior Member
    G19 is the shortest I’ve tested. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    The GD Gen 2 was only 26 fps slower out of the G19 than it was out of the G47. Not enough to make a difference. 
    Zee said:
    G19 is the shortest I’ve tested. 
    Any chance we can get you to run some through your 43 during one of your range trips?

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Averaged 941 fps for 5 shots. 
    Zee said:

Averaged 941 fps for 5 shots. 
    You da’man!!! 👍👍👍👍

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• GrapeApeGrapeApe Posts: 379 Member
    Here's one of the tests that lead to my response...

"For longer range, use a bigger case. For bigger game, use a bigger bullet." - Dan Johnson