Home Main Category General Firearms

eBay is the devil!

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 7,623 Senior Member

I just had to! 58+shipping? Are you kidding me? This stuff is made by El Paso saddlery. Looks like the single six and 7 1/2 32-20 don’t have to share leather any more! I think this one will be for the 32-20 
that rig works well for the single six! 
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,123 Senior Member
    You’re lucky I didn’t see it first.   :D 

Great score! ❤️

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,623 Senior Member

Great score! ❤️
    I guess I need to check to see who I’m bidding against!🤣
    Elk creek said:

Great score! ❤️
    I guess I need to check to see who I’m bidding against!🤣
    You shure as **** should… 🤣

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,455 Senior Member
    I had a  ad e experience on ebay a while back and never went there again. Looks like I need to check it out again
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    I had a  ad e experience on ebay a while back and never went there again. Looks like I need to check it out again
    Selling is still an iffy proposition.  I got scammed by a buyer and eBay took their side and refunded their money and he kept my knife.  Then eBay wanted me to return the money they paid out.  I told them to pound sand and closed my account and the bank card and bank account associated with it.  

Buying is easier and as a buyer you have all the cards in your deck.  Ive never had an issue.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

Well the holster showed up today. It’s beautiful! It has El Paso saddlery dna all over it. I found on the inter webs and found the in fact Texas Jack contracted with El Paso  saddlery. This was a score!!!
    That was a steal at what you paid!!!  Good going!

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

That was a steal at what you paid!!!  Good going!
    Thanks!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,709 Senior Member
    Jealous, Again :D  
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,995 Senior Member
    eBay can be a steal *IF* you know what you're looking for ... and the seller doesn't know what they have.  That is how I ended up with Brown Precision and Rifles,  Inc stocjs, which are both around 7-800 finished,  for like $75 each
    eBay can be a steal *IF* you know what you're looking for ... and the seller doesn't know what they have.  That is how I ended up with Brown Precision and Rifles,  Inc stocjs, which are both around 7-800 finished,  for like $75 each
    Sweet!!!!  And I agree.  It’s not a market for newbies just shopping around but there are a some screaming good deals to be had if you’re patient.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,184 Senior Member
    edited September 21 #13
    Diver43 said:
    Selling is still an iffy proposition.  I got scammed by a buyer and eBay took their side and refunded their money and he kept my knife.  Then eBay wanted me to return the money they paid out.  I told them to pound sand and closed my account and the bank card and bank account associated with it.  

Buying is easier and as a buyer you have all the cards in your deck.  Ive never had an issue.
    I don't blame you. eBay is definitely sharply biased towards the buyer. I only sell "yard sale" type and price items that I need to get rid of - haven't been scammed yet, but I'm waiting. OTOH, I just had encounter with a seller over a $15 turntable that was supposedly "used once". That much I believe as it looked great when it got here, but was cheap Chinese crap, wouldn't track and sounded horrid. I made the seller an offer that I thought was fair - refund the $15 and I'd eat the shipping and junk the thing. He PROMPTLY got on a high horse about how I was trying to "get the item for free", blah, blah, blah. When I mentioned that both the item and the box it came in REEKED of cigarette smoke, his response was "That's not what we're talking about". "Well, we are now..."
    So fine, this idiot only had a feedback of 2 on the sellers side, so he's obviously inexperienced. Its $15 - I'll just junk the thing and move on. Left negative feedback and that was the end of it - so I thought.
    2 days later, I get a "Your return has been accepted, here's a shipping label". So I dug this POS out of the trash, put it back into the stinking box it came in, and dropped it off at the post office. So now this fool is out shipping BOTH ways - the return was stupidly Priority too - as well as the original $15 purchase price. He isn't going to be able to sell it, but he was so damn certain that I was trying to rip him off that he's throwing good money after bad. *shrug* Whatever! He should have taken me up on my compromise offer. I could have even sent him video of me smashing the thing if he wanted proof!
    I've been where he's at - I sold a VCR to a lady about 50 miles from here, double boxed it and shipped it off via "Fed-Up". I get an email, she said that it didn't work, there was something rattling around inside. Was she trying to rip me off? Maybe, but I doubt it. I refunded her money and told her that I didn't want it back. When we both figured out our relative proximity to each other, we both agreed that it would have been better to meet halfway and do a hand off - hindsight is 20/20!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(