Home Main Category General Firearms

BL-22 and Glock 42 range report.

Elk creekElk creek Senior MemberPosts: 7,618 Senior Member
edited September 28 in General Firearms #1
First the Glock. I bought a 42 on a whim because it was $259 for an unfired pocket pistol.  I never thought I’d buy a 380 acp. Well it shoots. This is a portion of the 100 rounds I shot today at 7 yards I had 4 malfunctions 2 failure to feeds and 2 stove pipe failure to extract…. I think I was a magazine related issue but I will find out. Over all I like the little gun… time will tell. I was shooting American eagle 95 grain FMJ’s, it didn’t really fling the cases out like I was expecting for other glocks so it could be ammo related too Now for the Browning BL-22 I found a very nice first year production BL-22 a couple weeks ago and had to give it a new home… 
i put a current(ish)  weaver fixed 4 on it. I really like this rifle. Well most quality 22 are a ton of fun! It had some dried oil in it that needed cleaned out, after that chore it functions very well and SMOOTH. I put a couple hundred round through it today and apparently it likes CCI standard velocity ammo. It was not a fan of Aguila or the federal auto match…. Here’s a 15 round group at 50 yards with the Standards. I’ll take it! As a bonus the bottom of the thin part of duplex recital is point of aim for 100 yards. I was busting dirt clods with ease at 100 yards using that hold over.  I bet if I get a more solid rest I can shrink that group.  
Great range day! 
Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,701 Senior Member
    Nice! hate to admit I kind of want to try the Glock. Probably won't ever buy one but I can at least say I shot one :p
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,442 Senior Member
    Nice pick ups.
    For some reason I just do not shoot a Glock well.  I have shot the 42 and did not do well.  Bought a 43 shot and carried it for a while, but never felt comfortable shooting it, even if it was an easy gun to carry. Ended up selling it to a friend and getting a P365 
    Niw that rifle, gonna start calling you Mr. Hoover 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 4,072 Senior Member
    Nice grabs both.  The 42 is a cool “going to the mailbox” gun or “I really don’t want to carry a gun today” gun.  I’m sure the failures are mag related.  You’ll get it sorted out or Glock will for you.

It’s a °IIIII° thing 😎