What is a "shoot me first" shirt?

13»

Replies

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,738 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    But I forgot ruckus.

....also....altercation, rhubarb, and donnybrook.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Hey, I went to a Grateful Dead concert back in 74, they did a fantastic rendition of "Sugar Magnolia" .......................I'm still a fan (been one since the 60s) and often listen to their music. Listen to American Beauty and Workingman's Dead albums..............................BTW, about the only two of their many albums that had any mainstream commercial success. You just gotta learn to appreciate their music.

Mars Hotel is my hands down favorite as it's almost like a "greatest hits" album. I actually found it on CD and have it in my truck.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    Che Guevara Commie Shirt
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    104RFAST wrote: »

:spittingcoffee::up:
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I've heard that song, Jerry Garcia doing vocals? I can go online and hit play on te computer and one site will play hours of free GD songs/videos.

Hey, another good album is ACE, by Bob Weir.

Oh, wow, "concerts I've been to" could be a fun thread on its own. For me, put: Dead, Hendrix, Joplin, Dire Straits (2), Dylan (5), Stones (4), Clapton (many), Zepplin, The Band (2). Makes me tired just remembering. Whew.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    In another thread, someone mentioned a "shoot me first" shirt or hat. I think I've heard the term before but don't know what it means.

Does it refer to someone wearing gang colors or other gang clothes in gang-rife neighborhoods? Or what? Thanks...

It is any shirt or hat bearing insignia that would infer you have a better than average ability to defend yourself in a gunplay situation. This may include Pro-2A shirts, NRA apparel, LEO type stuff and military things.

For this, and other reasons, I do not wear shirts in public that bring to the attention of others overtly that I am a LEO. Put the sheepdog in sheep's clothing and the wolf will never see it coming.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Sometimes it does not matter how a LEO is dressed, everyone can tell that person is a LEO.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
13»