Light cavalry zombie attack vehicle

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 25,794 Senior Member
This thing has some seriously good points as a light cavalry attack vehicle when the invading hordes of zombies appear on the horizon. Think I'd want a larger version of the tow vehicle to pull a bigger trailer with more ammo storage, though. What y'all think? :tooth:

white-trash-repairs-kludge-army-art.jpg
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I like it!:up::applause: Does it come in Zombie Green?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    Belt feds in general and M2 in particular - not a very efficient or effective method for dealing with undead critters that require head shots. Replace the front gun with a flamethrower and the rear trailer with your pressurized napalm apparatus, and you'll be getting somewhere - - at least as long as the gasoline infrastructure holds out.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Bad plan on the flamethrower. To kill a zombie you have to destroy the brain and fire takes a long time to do that. What you end up with is a horde of flaming zombies still shambling around and igniting the entire area. If you are a good shot and have the option of a belt fed that shoots semi it is not too bad of a deal. I would get it higher off the ground and add some armor for zombies. For looters it looks like a decent setup.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Like it but needs some protection, roll cage, metal plates, cyclone fence? Those zombies are slow but big in numbers and some are bound to get close and personal no matter what, front and rear machete holders are a must as well.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,652 Senior Member
    I could find a use for that setup.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Need a quick-release pin for the trailer. Like they say, you don't need to outrun the zombies; you just need to outrun your partner...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    That is overkill for zombies, I think even a couple of M240 Bravo would be also. Maybe a couple of SAWs or what about those 10-22 Gatling Gun kits?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 992 Senior Member
    I don't know about Zombies but it'd be a heck of a groundhog outfit.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 349 Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    ... what about those 10-22 Gatling Gun kits?

...I was thinking in using a few 12 gauge barrels to build a Gatling, and load it with 00.....

.....not too difficult to destroy zombi brains with that...
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    Drawbar on the trailer looks a bit flimsy and it needs blades attached to the wheel rims......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Excellent design!

I've recently had second thoughts about zombies, however. Who's to say that they're all gonna be shuffling goons? I mean, okay, the first batch are of the "formerly dead" (rock band musicians notwithstanding) and may be a bit impaired, but newer, er, converts who manage to retain their brains may be fully functioning, able to run fast, use guns, drive vehicles, etc. And therefore rests the premise for a good scary flick with a difference.

I mean, even today we've got thousands of zombies who can vote, right?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,666 Senior Member
    rallykid wrote: »
    Bad plan on the flamethrower. To kill a zombie you have to destroy the brain and fire takes a long time to do that. What you end up with is a horde of flaming zombies still shambling around and igniting the entire area. .

Agreed. Flaming zombies= bad
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    If you are a good shot and have the option of a belt fed that shoots semi it is not too bad of a deal. I would get it higher off the ground and add some armor for zombies. For looters it looks like a decent setup.
    In that case you will need a scope as Hathcock used.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    When I get a zombie killer ATV it wll be this.

Kettenkrad_by_shelbs2.jpg

I would love me a Kettenkrad.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,794 Senior Member
    That's just the recon vehicle. The M1 Abrams is behind it. That's the 350 h.p. 4WD tractor with dual tires front and rear. It's fitted with two hydraulically powered flail mowers on front set at knee level for a 15 ft swath path. Mounted behind the tractor is a heavy duty folding brush cutter with slip clutches that is 30 feet wide and set for an 6" cutting height. It's the "flay 'em and spray 'em" method of zombie control!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,379 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I've recently had second thoughts about zombies, however. Who's to say that they're all gonna be shuffling goons? I mean, okay, the first batch are of the "formerly dead" (rock band musicians notwithstanding) and may be a bit impaired, but newer, er, converts who manage to retain their brains may be fully functioning, able to run fast, use guns, drive vehicles, etc. And therefore rests the premise for a good scary flick with a difference.

Reminds me of the book "I Am Legend." Not the horrid Will Smith movie. Take a look at it Sam, you might like it!
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    For looters it looks like a decent setup.

If you're using it for looting, you need a bit more cargo carrying capacity. You gotta have enough room for a respectable supply of food, water, ammo, toilet paper... that sort of thing.

:wink:
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    If you haven't looked at "The Walking Dead" yet, you get a bit of the "higher-function" zombie action in spots. "Fresh" Walkers still have some speed and agility to them, although doorknobs and anything mechanical pose a problem. The series is pretty good - a lot of focus on the survivors' stories and interactions, not just a "shoot the undead until they stop" storyline.
    Reminds me of the book "I Am Legend." Not the horrid Will Smith movie. Take a look at it Sam, you might like it!

I've been a SF/horror fan since I could read, and yes, I read the original novel "I am Legend" by Richard Matheson. They were of course vampires, not zombies.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    Tried to watch "Walking Dead" and only got about 20 minutes. JAZM (just another zombie movie) in my view. Each to his own.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,958 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I've been a SF/horror fan since I could read, and yes, I read the original novel "I am Legend" by Richard Matheson. They were of course vampires, not zombies.
    As a sci-fi fan then you remember Galaxina (1980), the movie that was sooooooo horrible it was actually pretty good! :roll2:
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I also subscribe to using some sort of treaded tank like vehicle for zombies, cut them up into pieces, shoot / burn / dispose of the pieces.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996