Where is the line on humane hunting?

2»

Replies

• QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Yeah by comparison my BIL who shoots a compound with the exact set up you mentioned and my shooting a recurve, his arrows are insanly fast. The worry is the animal will "jump the string" if you shoot a slow arrow but I've never had that be a problem under 15 yards. I will say that my heavy arrows don't have the range my BILs do but once again, I shoot under 15 yards
  • drwalker47drwalker47 Member Posts: 192 Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    All of the above is why I like Siearra, Nosler, and Hornady arrows. They have the proper mass.

I am not going to judge or condemn...not my place...and I am dumb enough to think the 45-70 is a great moose cartridge with proper slugs...so I have the means to put down one of these big critters. Heck, I am willing to bet that my .270 with 150's or my 7x57 with 175's would more humanely do the job. I have never had to make a follow-up shot yet, but if my moose got up...I'd put a couple more in him. She shot him, he probably thouht he had gas (moose equivalent whatever) I blame the guide for letting him walk off and ESPECIALLY for showing it to the liberals and bunny-huggers. If the moose had torn her apart, would he have shown that???

I am not a bow hunter, they are a special breed and more power to them...but I bet even they don't like this.
    Celebrate life, moment by moment. I plan to enjoy what time I have left, and that means MORE GUNS!