Sanford shooting

Jet pilotJet pilot New MemberPosts: 29 New Member
Tragic. Zimmerman should be in jail.
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?&pageType=cbsthismorning&catid=57393088&feed_id=30&nb_splitPage=5

Regards,
Bobby Hargrave
Sent from my iGlock

Yours In Liberty
Bob, NRA Lifer
Sent from my iGlock using Tapatalk
Yours In Liberty,
Bob
Glock 27 NRA Life

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,253 Senior Member
    Redd Foxx shot somebody?

motivator53e582cce2baa3beb92d2cd07f.jpg

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    Sanford is only about 20 miles from me.....I didn't see this in today's paper.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Jet pilot wrote: »
    Tragic. Zimmerman should be in jail.
    http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?&pageType=cbsthismorning&catid=57393088&feed_id=30&nb_splitPage=5

Regards,
    Bobby Hargrave
    Sent from my iGlock

Yours In Liberty
    Bob, NRA Lifer
    Sent from my iGlock using Tapatalk

And from that story, how do you know what really happened ???
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    Sanford is only about 20 miles from me.....I didn't see this in today's paper.

It was on Fox 35 news this morning.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,592 Senior Member
    Not enough info to make a judgement on what transpired, IMO.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    Definitely need more information. My first question while reading this was, what did Zimmerman do after calling the police?
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    Here is what sometimes happens, I have seen how some gated communities operate, folks leave rotten areas and don't want to see it happen in their little commune.

Neighborhood watch guy asks a stranger what is up etc... and it gets ugly fast.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,450 Senior Member
    Only one person knows the truth, but he will only tell whatever story his lawyer comes up with........ Who knows if there will be any truth in it or not.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    I remember an incident where a guy was beating a female in the street, I did not immediately ID Myself as a LEO, and the man got pretty nasty until I told him who I was.

Frankly, some folks get really peeved when they think someone is asking them what they are doing because of their race.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    Every story is like a pancake, no matter how thin it is, they always have two sides, and we have only heard one. Everyone tells their story to make themswlves look the best. Believe nothing you hear or read, and only half of what you see........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
    Gee, I hope your pancakes are not that bad.......
  • joegun45joegun45 New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Always remember! You can't make a call on this until you here all the evidence. Thats what courts are for. He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him. In other words the first to give his side of the story most of the time seems to be right. You have to search him out and see if he is telling the truth. Prove all things! The simple believeth every word (they are told). He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him. Be careful not fall into that category. Hopefully justice will be done. It could have been prevented if both of them used a little more wisdom. God help us!
    "It could have been prevented if both of them used a little more wisdom. God help us!"

It could have been prevented if even one of them had used a little more wisdom and better judgement.

God help us!

As a kid, 10 or 11 y/o, I used to walk through some of the worst gang infested parts of East New York visiting My best friend, knowing how to communicate and speaking fluent Spanish saved Me from enough beatings.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    You believe CBS?? Just because they say it, doesn't mean its so. Remember Duke Lacrosse and others.
  • AiredaleAiredale Banned Posts: 624 Senior Member
    In the latest news it seems that Travon wasn't the little kid shown in photographs.
    Zimmerman is 5' 9'' tall. Travon was 6'2"
    Zimmerman stated that he got out of his vehicle (shouldn't have) and was attacked by Travon. He (Zimmerman) sustained a gash on the back of his head and other injuries.
    Travon was in Sanford (he previously lived in Miami) because he'd been suspended from school because of drug related issues. His mother couldn't control him, so she shipped up to Sanford to live with his father.
    Zimmerman should have adhered to neighborhood watch policies. Observe and report, he didn't. But that's not a crime.
    If Zimmerman was attacked he had every right to defend himself and that seems to be the case as more evidence is revealed.
    Jim
    104RFAST wrote: »
    You believe CBS?? Just because they say it, doesn't mean its so. Remember Duke Lacrosse and others.

You don't have to really know that much, Zimmerman stuck his nose where it did not belong and got it punched in for his troubles.

Even as a LEO, the times I insinuated Myself into anything, either a crime was in progress, or to check on a situation via LE radio dispatch etc....