Home Main Category Clubhouse

Regular, common chores that relax you and kill stress

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,581 Senior Member
For me is doing the laundry as long as I don't do the folding, here we can pretty much can hang stuff to dry outside year around and doing so kills a lot of stress for me, shopping at the supermarket and cooking too.

Good thing for my brother is folding the stuff, also doing the dishes.

Anyone here has his?
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Cooking.

Don't really like grocery shopping, but like making the finished product.
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    Cooking.

Don't really like grocery shopping, but like making the finished product.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Reloading, while not a chore, is a great stress relief for me.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Reloading and shooting at the range really relieves my stress.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,775 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »

Anyone here has his?

Yep...evening chores...grooming the horses, feeding the orphan calves, cleaning out stalls, and gathering eggs, all contribute to bleeding off any stress that has accumulated during the day and leaves me ready to settle in for the evening...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    2nd on cutting grass, at least with my last house, big yard, riding mower and beer in hand. Reloading is another.
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    Fishing............might as well name someting I like. Chores....bah.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Cooking is good. Eating is better.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Chopping wood... then throwing the axe at my target. I'm the aggressive sort
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    +1 on chopping wood. Drop the trees, haul 'em out, cut the logs into rounds, and splitting with a maul.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,642 Senior Member
    Cutting and splitting firewood.

And right now burning it.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    None. I hate chores.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Same here, I didn't inherit the workaholic gene from my dad.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Mmm, interesting question. Shooting is fun but it's not an everyday chore. I think you're talking about things like laundry, cleaning house, shopping, right?

I kind of like cleaning the house (okay, apartment). Not a lot of it at a time, understand, but like one storage area or one particularly messy corner where books and other stuff is stacked.

Grocery shopping? Not for me. I'm a "combat" shopper -- list made out prior, in and out asap.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,636 Senior Member
    While not a "chore," the most relaxing activity for me is getting out on an open rural highway on my motorcycle and cruising the back roads.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    After a shooting session with one or more of my firearms, I enjoy cleaning them afterward. I guess that would fit the category of a "chore". I love the smell of the solvents.
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,024 Senior Member
    Cooking is the common chore that helps me zone out.

Fixing or building something is one that makes me happy as well. But it's not as common.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,703 Senior Member
    While not a "chore," the most relaxing activity for me is getting out on an open rural highway on my motorcycle and cruising the back roads.

Good call. No motorcycle here, but I love cruising the highway in my pickup. I know some cities, such as Roswell NM, like the back of my hand because I'd spend a few hours cruising them when the luxury was afforded to me.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,650 Senior Member
  • wolf049wolf049 Member Posts: 217 Member
    Riding the motorcycle is #1. Number 2 would be fishing with just a few people around but those are not a chores. Radio playing, drinking a beer and sorting brass. When I go to the range I'll pick-up a bucket full of brass. I have a couple of friends that will pick up brass for me also when they go to the range.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,166 Senior Member
    Interesting topic. I can be a very lazy person. But, I'm not. It seems when I'm home I have to be doing something. I've done my on laundry for years because I'm picky about my clothes. For years my wife and kids did most of the household stuff; cleaning, cooking, etc. The kids finally moved out but she got sick in 2000 and all of a sudden I'm the homemaker. Household stuff wasn't much of a problem but the cooking was a big challange for me. I knew very little about cooking. Thankfully I got a Ronco rotissire which helped a lot in the beginning. I'm pretty good in the kitchen now. I've even picked up a couple helps here from ya'll. I guess my number one chore that I find almost enjoyable is outside stuff, cutting grass, trimming trees and my favorite is burning stuff. I burned some leaves and tree trimmings this afternoon.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God 9 not by works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Mowing the lawn, cleaning the guns, stacking and inspecting ammo cans and magazines.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,053 Senior Member
    Disposing of the wild/feral cats in the neighbourhood normally relaxes me...............doesnt relax the cats much though, they normally stiffen up after a while....
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Not a "chore" also but when I drove a cab in LA late 80's, driving around the city when it was slow or exploring an area new to me, returning via a different route, was relaxing.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Mowing, yes...weedwhacking, NO!
    Sp[litting firewood Yes, burning it YES!
    Cooking, yes...grilling in the snow YES!!!
    Maintaining the hot rods...not so much, but cruising...YES!
    Gardening, yes...preserving and eating the produce, Yes!
    Building stuff, yes (prepping for a 25'x25' 2 car garage/hot rod shop).
    Some may call it a chore, although I don't...love playing with my boys and being a Scout Den Leader.
    Most everything is simply a chore that needs doing...neither good or bad.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    Now that I work in an office, I find that just about any kind of physical activity, especially the brainless kind, is stress relieving. It used to be that my computer was a way of unwinding in the evenings. Now, once I'm off work, I don't even want to look at one most days.
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....