Home Main Category Clubhouse

Had a chance to meet Teach today...

roadkingroadking Senior MemberPosts: 3,056 Senior Member
But life interfered. Sorry I missed you. I'm not a big poster, but the advice you have provided to me over the years I've been here, I really wanted to meet and thank you (and have a brew or two).
Safe trip and maybe, someday, I'll make the SE shoot or catch you on another journey.

Matt
Support your local Scouts!

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Teach (Jerry) and I met last year for lunch and he's a great guy! One of the best here in this ol' forum.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Yes, when you meet Jerry, you can't help but like him.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Thanks for the kind words, everybody! Matt, thank you again for the little car- - - -I really wasn't angling for a freebie when I asked about it! Come on down to the SE shoot whenever you can, or if you're just in the neighborhood for any reason, the guest room's always available! Tonight I'm in Bennington, Vermont, supposed to hook up with a man who's sending a custom-made cabinet to a lady in central Illinois whose home was destroyed by a tornado. I'll drop that one off on my way home to Tennessee. I'm going to try to make connections with Wambli as I go by close to NYC tomorrow or Sunday.
    Jerry
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Hey Teach,
    on your way down/back, will you be traveling I-84 or 80 by any chance? If so, you'll only be about 5 miles from me and the beer is always cold and the doors open. Let me know...I didn't realize you were heading north after picking up the car or I would have suggested it earlier. Might get to meet you yet!
    Oh, and enjoy the lil toy...I'm sure a lot of fun can be had with it.
    Matt
    Right now (3:00 PM saturday), I'm in Troy NY on I-87, and headed for a meeting with Wambli at Newburgh in a couple of hours. From there, I'll go back to Allentown and head west toward Ohio, and eventually Illinois. I'll give you a call and see if maybe we can find a place to meet along the way.
    Jerry
    Sounds great! I'm five miles off of I-84, the rte. 507 exit...might even have some furniture for that family...went from 4 houses to 1, so a bunch of extras, especially Cherry end tables.

Matt
    I ended up heading west on I-78, so it looks like we'll have to take a raincheck on getting to meet this time. I had forgotten some items at the motel where I stayed earlier in the week, so I needed to drived by there and pick them up. Thanks for the offer, anyway!
    Jerry
    Maybe next time. Have a safe trip.

Matt