I was just thinking of my home defense plan...

rbsivleyrbsivley Senior MemberPosts: 1,055 Senior Member
...and realized I had a weakest staring right at me. My wife has a real problem racking a slide on an large cal auto and has a negative attitude about autos so I got her(?) a CA Undercover Ultra Lite .38 revolver. When she is home it's always out of the safe. When I'm home it is joined by my SA 1911A1. But I was thinking what if something happened and I ended up with the revolver and she with the 1911? That means we're screwed because she's not trained up on the 1911. I had to run out today and wanted to carry the .38 and was thinking what to leave Sylv and saw the S&W .38 so I got her out of the safe and Sylv remembered firing at the range. So, now the two .38's are in the plan and we feel well armed.
Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

Replies

• rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Janine keeps her model 10 close because it is what she is used to. She is fine with the Glocks but is not as at home with them as she is a revolver. She does fine with my LCP and I think I am going to pick one up for her for pocket carry and an LCR for me. I prefer to have at least 2 guns of each caliber I stock on hand and right now we only have 1 .38 and 1 .380. For home defense her go to is my short barrel mossberg 500.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    However, if something does happen, that S&W M-10 is more likely to be handy and right there, the shotgun most likely will not be as accessible, in My case, My main handgun gets dropped into My pocket if I am too lazy to put on a holster, that is why I like a compact handgun in a major handgun caliber.

A longarm is always the better choice in a defensive encounter, however it is not as likely to be there as compared to a handgun.
    To clarify, not many people are willing to drag a rifle or shotgun around all day long, but they might toss a small handgun into a pocket as an afterthought.

I have had S&W M-10 revolvers that were incredibly accurate.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    However, if something does happen, that S&W M-10 is more likely to be handy and right there, the shotgun most likely will not be as accessible, in My case, My main handgun gets dropped into My pocket if I am too lazy to put on a holster, that is why I like a compact handgun in a major handgun caliber. A longarm is always the better choice in a defensive encounter, however it is not as likely to be there as compared to a handgun. To clarify, not many people are willing to drag a rifle or shotgun around all day long, but they might toss a small handgun into a pocket as an afterthought.
    I have had S&W M-10 revolvers that were incredibly accurate.

Keep in mind that this is the home defense plan. My shotgun is laying in one of those racks that mount along side the bed. The revolvers get moved around the house as required.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    I've got a CZ-97B (.45 ACP) on the night stand with a 9mm 1911 and shotgun stashed away elsewhere. May go back to the 1911 on the nightstand at some point though.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C